Sunday, November 23, 2008

Top of the Hub

Saturday, November 22, 2008

52nd Floor of the Prudential Tower, Looking Towards Hancock Tower

My friends and I celebrated my upcoming 28th birthday by spending an evening out in frigid Boston (it didn't reach 30 degrees yesterday, to my knowledge) for drinks. We began the night at the bar at Top of the Hub, located 750 feet above the ground in the top floor of the Prudential Tower. We moved elsewhere after a few hours.

Luckily, the night was clear (otherwise it would have been truly miserable), so the view from the tower was fantastic. I managed to capture this view with an old point-and-shoot camera before I was told by a manager to leave the dining area...made me feel a tad lower-class, but I understood that those people had waited in line for those views. Anyways, prominent in the center-right of the photo is the 800-foot Hancock Tower, with the much shorter Westin Hotel in front of it. Boylston Street, running through Back Bay, is apparent by the vibrant blur to the left, and the Mass Pike (I-90) curves off to the right of the towers.

No comments: