Sunday, March 9, 2008

Harvard Medical School New Research Building

March 8, 2008

Harvard Medical School New Research Building (NRB), Boston

I was doing some work in the lab yesterday afternoon and thought I'd go next door to do some reading in a nice comfy chair. It was raining outside at the time, and the place was pretty deserted...ideal conditions for enjoying a good book.

The NRB was opened right after I began graduate school in September of 2003. It houses many laboratories for the Harvard Medical community...many students in my PhD program are currently in labs in the building. While I'm not a big fan of the all-glass exteriors found on new buildings springing up in the area (including one now under construction and soon to be the home of my lab come late July), the interiors offer nice vantages of the surrounding area.

No comments: